Hi Everyone, I hope you’re all well and looking forward to a nice Christmas? So we’re winding down the saleroom as it stands, and I’m picking up on some legacy issues and outstanding accounts too, so keeping busy – due to issues with the website though we haven’t been able to update anything online over the last fortnight, so this blog is almost like an all-in-one catch up.. deep breath…
Firstly December 4th was a good sale all-in-all – as I’ve said to most of our regulars, the higher value lots outperformed themselves, the modest pieces we’re a little lower than we’d have wanted, and everything else fitted somewhere in-between! The rundown of lots is at the bottom of this blog post, with the top two being the little Sheepdog original by Peter Brook @ £5,600 and the incredible quartet of paperweights, which included a Bacchus/Baccarat example, hitting the heady heights @ £4,200..
Secondly our first sale of 2023 will be on Sunday 22nd January and we’ll be taking in goods for that sale in the first week of the New Year, so do drop me or the team a line if you’re keen to consign anything for that auction, or would like us to come and help with an appraisal or valuation.
Finally, as you may or may not be aware, we helped out the Antiques Road Trip team back in October by agreeing to include a last-minute consignment from their Celebrity Antiques Road Trip programme, and I’m pleased to say that this is due to air on BBC TWO this coming Thursday 22nd December, at 5.15pm, so tune in for some chuckles I hope, or at the very least an “I know those guys!” moment.. We’re proud to be a part of the show, but to be honest the items didn’t blow us away when the consignment came through the door, and this was reflected somewhat in the hammer prices – it just shows how hard it can be for their experts to pick up a sleeper or headline grabber given a limited budget and only a few shops to hit!
4th December’s Top 10:
- Lot 22a – Peter Brook ‘Sheep Dog Working’ Original – £5,600
- Lot 99c – Collection of Four Millefiori Paperweights – £4.200
- Lot 22b – Peter Brook ‘Sheep Dog’ Original – £3.100
- Lot 275 – Gold Sovereign Coin Bracelet – £2,100
- Lot 200 – Boxed Ladies Rolex Oyster Wristwatch – £1,900
- Lot 201 – Early Rolex Prince 18ct Gold Doctor’s Watch – £1,800
- Lot 276 – Half Sovereign Gold Charm Bracelet – £1,500
- Lot 100 – Ned Thomas Welsh Rugby Memorabilia – £1,250
- Lot 99d – Collection of Four Millefiori Paperweights – £1,100
- Lot 279 – Gold Coin Locket & Chain – £950